Thursday, October 14, 2010

Parks Parks Parks

Spent an economical night in the Gershwin hotel. It was the name that charmed me but I really just needed to get off the street.  The next day I stayed a bit longer at Belvedere Castle than I meant to. The fog threw me. Had to back track to 79th and spent a bit more than I wanted to. Had to overcome some apprehension about paying cash. Wondered if that would be acceptable. I'm out of my element here.
Still looking for a cell phone charger. Backpack in a bit heavy though lacking things I need and hardly full. Bricks and parks and traffic, repeat. Crossed a river? Am I going in circles? Need to scratch up a better map than the one I found  in the hotel lobby. Going a bit sciatic. Awful lot of parks I've seen in the last 48 hours or so. Trees... squirrels... people...cars...

Having muddled dreams about numbers...almost think I remember that pin number then I wake up. 

Note I took from the dream moods website http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/numbers

The number fourteen signifies the unexpected and your need to adapt to  ever-changing circumstances. It is also symbolic of overindulgence and how you are giving too much into your desires. You need to show more restraint and maintain focus on your goals. 

This in a little green notebook I found in a pocket in my bag. I scribble little things in there sometimes if I read something that gives me an idea for something to write, do or investigate later. Odd coincidence that this number was also the date for that day. It speaks volumes about where my heads been for quite some time. Trying to tell myself something. Muse.

I need to make a decision about whether to hop a plane or a bus (cash being a factor) and get the heck out of here or figure out what it is I'm trying to do. Walking feels good for the moment but I might get tired of it sooner than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment